Special Education Law Child & Family Advocacy
Jennifer Ancel Reiter (847) 707-3460
Maximizing your Child’s Potential at School, Home, and in the Community.
Serving Children with Disabilities in Illinois.
Whether through Special Education Legal Representation or Child & Family Advocacy Services, our central goal is to empower parents and their children with the knowledge to find success at school, at home, and in the community.
Special Education Law
All children have the right to a free and appropriate public education (“FAPE“). This right is
of central importance when addressing a child’s right to special education. We work to ensure that
parents are prepared to make the best decisions for their child and his or her educational needs.
Our legal practice focuses on special education law and related issues in the greater Chicago area: Cook County, Lake County, DuPage County and throughout northern Illinois. We can help you with a wide range of matters, including:
- Educational Evaluation and Reevaluation
- Eligibility Determinations for Special Education
- Review and Analysis of Educational Plans
- Development of Educational Goals and Related Services
- Understanding the Continuum of Educational Placement Options
- Effective Implementation of IEP and 504 Plans
- Representation in Due Process Hearings and Mediation
- Student Disciplinary Matters
- Behavioral Intervention Plans
- Collaboration with Medical and Health Professionals
Child & Family Advocacy
Parents are often looking for guidance in managing the unique challenges of their child’s special needs. A Child & Family Advocate works collaboratively with families to find and develop a path that best suits a child and maximizes his or her potential for success. As Child & Family Advocates, we teach parents how to:
- Navigate the Road from Diagnosis to Treatment
- Find Services and Specialists
- Set Appropriate Goals to Ensure Continual Growth
- Decipher the Continuum of Services and Placements Available
- Effectively Communicate and Work with Schools
- Understand and Secure Early Intervention Services
- Find Appropriate Special Education Early Childhood Programming
- Learn All You Can Do To Help Your Child